The Association for Women Lawyers is a 375 member bar association based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Membership is open to attorneys who are graduates of accredited law schools and whose licenses to practice law are in good standing. Student membership is open to those persons currently enrolled in accredited law schools. Dues are $60 for attorney members, and $20 for students.
Among the benefits of AWL membership are:
- An extensive monthly newsletter of events in the organization and in the community.
- Membership directory including a listing of members by legal practice areas.
- Membership meetings often with continuing legal education programs that are held at varied times to meet the varied schedules of our members.
- Practice area discussion groups for networking and legal information within particular areas of practice.
- Opportunities for pro bono work.
- Opportunities for community involvement.
- Special events for the whole legal community, such as Women Judges' Night and judicial debates.
- Information about and access to the events and resources of the National Conference of Women's Bar Associations.